This is a one-day workshop to demonstrate what a Steadicam can do, its many parts, their functions in the system. We will have on hand a full sized rig (aka: a ‘Big Rig’) with the full range of accessories. Topics for discussion will be:
• The parts of the rig and just how the heck it all combines together to make the shot steady
• Setup and Balance of the rig
• The best scenarios in which to use a Steadicam
• Steadicam vs. Handheld stabilizing gimble (ie: a Movi).
• Examples of steadicam shots
• Time permitting, we’ll try and get a few people into the rig.