Summer Assistant Equipment/Programming CoordinatorWe are looking for a young person between 20 and 30-years-old to join our team as an Assistant Programming/ Equipment Coordinator. This is a temporary summer position. The application deadline is Monday, April 29, at 12 midnight.
The person hired for this position will be someone interested in pursuing a career in the arts. The position will provide them with valuable experience in the contemporary media arts community in Toronto, along with the skills needed to work in an artist-run centre, contacts to help in pursuing an independent artistic career, and training on professional video equipment.
The employee will become familiar with professional video/ digital cinema equipment and methods and they will be helping and working with media artists; a familiarity with contemporary art practises will be an asset. The ideal candidate will also be helping with various administration functions. Charles Street Video is committed to equitable hiring practices and encourages individuals from traditionally marginalized communities to apply for this position. We invite all to apply and including Indigenous people, people of colour, women, LGBTQ people, members of ethnic minorities and newcomers.
Please submit your application here:
Summer Assistant Equipment/Programming Coordinator Online application form
Detailed Job Description:
Charles Street Video
Summer Assistant Equipment/Programming Coordinator (temporary position)
Charles Street Video (CSV) is a non-profit, membership-based artist centre located in downtown Toronto. Our mandate is to provide media artists with opportunities for production and to foster an environment for the advancement of media arts practices, experimentation, and the creation of community.
CSV rents editing stations and production gear. We host resident artists, provide workshops and equipment orientations, and co-host many youth development projects, among other activities. Ours is a busy, active centre for making media art work, however you may conceive of it! We are looking for a summer student to join our team.
The youth hired for this temporary position would be someone interested in pursuing a career in the arts. This position will provide the assistant with valuable experience and knowledge about the contemporary media arts community in Toronto, along with the skills needed to work in an artist-run centre, contacts to pursue an independent artistic career, and training on professional video equipment.
The employee will become familiar with professional video/digital cinema equipment and practice, as they will be assisting working media artists, so some contemporary art familiarity will be considered an asset. They will also be helping with the various administration functions of a busy arts organization.
● assist with the curation of a summer exhibition
● assist with program and event planning for 2019/20
● assist with the development and administration of CSV’s Maker Space
● Assist with setup of community educational programs for youth and other
community groups (including Indigenous people, members of visible
minorities, and persons who are homeless or street-involved)
● assist with grant-writing
● assist with content creation for social media and CSV website
● assist with professional video equipment check-in and check-out; assist with
● assist with technical support to diverse membership
● assist with updating equipment database and equipment repair reports
● assist with preparation of video and photos for uploading to CSV website.
● All youth between the ages of 20-30 who are legally entitled to work in Canada – not just students.
● candidate is pursuing studies in film/video/media production, arts administration, contemporary art or related studies
● excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● excellent interpersonal skills
● demonstrated administrative background
● experience with invoices and point-of-sale systems.
● The youth will also have the opportunity to attend Charles Street workshops at no charge. This is a professional development opportunity where students will acquire employable skills within the field of media art.
● Charles Street Video one-year membership.
Charles Street Video is committed to equitable hiring practices and encourages individuals from traditionally marginalized communities to apply for this position. We invite Indigenous people; people of colour; women; LGBTQ2S people; members of ethnic minorities and newcomers.
Application deadline: Monday, April 29, 2019, 12 midnight.
Pay Rate: $15 per hour
Hours/week: 34 hours per week x weeks (TBA )
Start time: June 2019
Call for ProposalsCSV is looking for artists and collectives interested in promoting dialogue and experimentation about media art. Through our maker space program we are facilitating an open door opportunity to engage with our space and resources.
Office Hours: Weekdays 10:00 - 17:00 ☎ 416.603.6564 Fax: 416.603.6566
The Toronto Media Arts Centre (2nd floor)
32 Lisgar Street, Toronto, Ontario M6J 0C9 Canada